Construction Safety Specialist
Partners Environmental Consulting, Inc. (Partners) is a growing environmental, safety, engineering and surveying consulting firm with its corporate office in Solon, Ohio, and branch offices in Akron, Ohio, and the states of New York, New Jersey and Colorado, seeks a Construction Safety Specialist.
We are looking to hire an experienced local construction safety specialist in the Cleveland/Toledo, Ohio market to join our team for a long-term project. The ideal candidate will have at least two (2) years of construction safety field experience in heavy civil, highway, bridge and/or all phases of commercial construction projects. Additional requirements include:
- Ability to communicate well, both written and verbally;
- Experience in a union environment;
- Knowledgeable in implementing health and safety plans, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure plans, and Stormwater plans;
- Ability to prepare Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs);
- Ability to understand and enforce safety requirements;
- Understand permit applicability;
- Experience performing audits, job site inspections and tracking corrective actions;
- Strong understanding of OSHA regulations, risk assessment and reduction, developing and administering training programs, accident investigation and resolution;
- Knowledge of environmental and safety compliance, incident investigating and reporting protocols;
- Candidate must be approachable and have a team-oriented attitude;
- Must have expertise in delivering training and speaking in front of groups;
- Candidates with Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certification are preferred but not required;
- Current 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and OSHA 30 Hour training (Construction or General Industry within 5 years) certificates are required.
Partners offers competitive salary, profit sharing, excellent benefits, and a flexible (remote work), and rewarding work environment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Partners believes in each person’s potential, and will help you reach yours. To apply for this position please contact:
31100 Solon Road, Suite G; Solon, Ohio 44139
© Copyright 2022, Partners