Professional Surveyor / Project Manager
Partners, a growing environmental, safety, engineering and surveying firm with offices across the Midwest & Northeast seeks a Professional Surveyor / Project Manager. The position will be based in one of Partners’ Northeast Ohio offices.
The Professional Surveyor / Project Manager will be a leader in the Land Surveying practice area, to include, client interaction, authoring proposals, project budgeting, managing staff and projects, assisting with field activities when necessary, perform survey calculations mentor and train junior staff. The successful candidate will work directly with other Project Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents. This person will have a thorough understanding of the project scope and is able to identify deviations, communicating those efficiently to Project Managers, Associate Directors, Directors or the Vice President.
General Project Types
- Boundary, Retracement, Re-Platting Surveys (Legal Descriptions),
- Legal Descriptions,
- Third Party Reviews,
- American Land Title Associates (ALTA) Surveys,
- Residential Site / Grading Plans,
- Topographic/Existing Condition Surveys,
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Assessments,
- Construction Layout (to include AS-Builts),
- Route / Corridor Surveys (Centerline & Right-of-Way Establishment), and
- General Site/Civil Engineering & Environmental Support.
- Perform General Project Surveyor Duties,
- Assist in the performance of field activities when and as needed,
- Mentor and train staff,
- Establish project schedules to meet deliverable deadlines,
- Author Proposals, create scopes of work and associated budgets,
- Perform Project Management duties, scheduling and invoicing,
- Perform Survey Calculations,
- Provide QA/QC of Survey and Engineering Deliverables,
- Sign and Seal documents,
- Oversee work activities of survey staff in the office and in the field,
- Exceptional personnel management skills,
- Help to lead and grow a successful engineering group,
- Represent clients and projects at local meetings,
- Review and be the engineer of record when required,
- Work closely with other company disciplines,
- Maintain a high level of professional and technical knowledge,
- Help to lead business planning and growth initiatives, and
- Work with clients, developers, architects, local municipalities and contractors.
General Skills, Experience and Education
- Professional Land Surveyor License in Ohio, (additional states a plus),
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience with Boundary, ALTA and Topographic surveys to include construction layout, route surveys,
- Experience with survey equipment and new technology (Total Station, GPS, Data Collectors),
- Thorough understanding of state and local Technical and Professional standards, and local requirements,
- Good writing skills,
- Knowledge and understanding of local and regional markets,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Carlson/Simplicity COGO Programs is desired by not required.
- Staff and employee supervision experience, and
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Proactive and passionate advocate for the firm,
- Strong oral/written communication skills,
- Communicates clearly and effectively,
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics, and
- Strong work ethic, detail driven, well organized while fostering a positive work environment.
If you meet our requirements, please forward your resume to:
31100 Solon Road, Suite G; Solon, Ohio 44139
© Copyright 2020, Partners