Survey Crew Chief
Partners, a growing environmental, safety, engineering and surveying firm with offices across the Midwest & Northeast seeks a Survey Crew Chief. The position will be based in one of Partners’ Northeast Ohio offices.
The Survey Crew Chief leads field aspects in conducting surveying activities, trains and mentors crew members and can function effectively under minimal supervision. The Crew Chief has a thorough understanding of the project scope and budget and can identify deviations, communicating those efficiently to the Director or Project Manager.
General Project Types
- American Land Title Associates (ALTA) Surveys,
- Boundary / Geodetic / Retracement Surveys,
- Topographic/Existing Condition Surveys,
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Assessments,
- Construction Layout (to include AS-Builts),
- Route / Corridor Surveys (Centerline & Right-of-Way Establishment),
- Differential Leveling, and
- General Site/Civil Engineering & Environmental Support.
- Perform survey duties including but not limited to, leveling, topographic mapping, construction layout, setting stakes, locating underground objects,
- Record proper and legible field notes,
- Establishes a listing of adequate equipment and supplies for each project,
- Maintain equipment through proper use and preventative maintenance, minimize repairs and breakage,
- Assist in prompt start of field activities at project site with set up of equipment, and
- Oversee work activities of crew member(s) on site.
General Skills, Experience and Education
- 10+ years of experience of demonstrated high level of proficiency at the Crew Chief level,
- Experience with survey technology (Total Station, GPS, TDS Ranger),
- License or certification (PS, CST) desirable, but not required,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Staff and employee supervision experience, and
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Proactive and passionate advocate for the firm,
- Strong oral/written communication skills,
- Communicates clearly and effectively,
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics, and
- Strong work ethic, detail driven, well organized while fostering a positive work environment.
If you meet our requirements, please forward your resume to:
Director of Finance & Administration
31100 Solon Road, Suite G Solon, Ohio 44139
© Copyright 2022, Partners