Director of Site/Civil Engineering Services
Partners, a growing environmental, safety, engineering and surveying firm with offices across the Midwest & Northeast seeks a corporate Director of Site/Civil Engineering Design. The opportunity presented by this position includes a senior management role that is focused on the expansion of this practice area and leadership of the company. The position will be based in one of Partners’ Northeast Ohio offices.
The Director of the Site/Civil Engineering Practice will establish, foster and maintain client relationships related to residential, commercial and industrial (Public and Private) land development services; as well as lead the engineering group to meet client needs, technical competence and project profitability. The responsibilities will include personnel management, senior level leadership, budget and proposal development, client interaction and management, business development and client representation.
General Project Types
- Residential and Commercial Subdivision Development,
- Industrial Site Development,
- Land Planning, Conceptual Layouts,
- Zoning Assessments,
- General Site Grading Plans,
- Water, Storm, and Sewer Design,
- Storm Water Management Planning,
- Construction Oversight,
- Third Party Review, and
- Environmental/Remediation Engineering Support.
- Create project budgets and scopes of work,
- Develop and manage project schedules,
- Strong project manager,
- Develop new business and clients,
- Exceptional personnel management skills,
- Lead and grow a successful engineering group,
- Represent clients and projects at local meetings,
- Review and be the engineer of record when required,
- Work closely with other company disciplines,
- Maintain a high level of professional and technical knowledge,
- Lead business planning and growth initiatives, and
- Work with clients, developers, architects, local municipalities and contractors.
General Skills, Experience and Education
- An Ohio Professional Engineers (PE) License is required (or the ability to obtain),
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Civil Engineering,
- Experience in residential, commercial and industrial developments,
- Small and large format, commercial site engineering,
- Public Sector Site Improvement Project experience a plus,
- ODOT project experience, ODOT certifications sewer, water and roadway engineering are desired, but not required,
- Knowledge and understanding of local and regional markets,
- Client and staff interaction and mentoring experience,
- Ability to meet financial expectations,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Staff and employee supervision experience,
- Senior level project management abilities,
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and related software,
- Creativity in creating budgets, scopes of work and client representation, and
- Demonstrated ability to lead/grow a professional practice area.
- Proactive and passionate advocate for the firm.
- Strong oral/written communication skills,
- Communicates clearly and effectively,
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics, and
- Strong work ethic, detail driven, well organized while fostering a positive work environment.
If you meet our requirements, please forward your resume to:
Director of Finance & Administration
31100 Solon Road, Suite G Solon, Ohio 44139
© Copyright 2020, Partners